Last night I was looking through some old pictures - trying to find some motivation to get back to the gym. Between vacation and just regular life shit, it’s been 12 days since my last work out. 12!! Sluglife, y’all.
Below are the worst - the pictures that truly make me cringe. And no, the one on the left isn’t the dude from Lost - that’s me in 2002. Ugh. Looking at these just makes me so sad.
Then along came Lacey. She really inspired and encouraged me to quit smoking and take my health seriously. She always says she wants me around for a long long time and with the path I was on, I’m not sure how long I would have lasted.
But then I look at some recent pictures that actually show a little progress. Most days I feel like the road ahead is so long and difficult that I’ll never make it. That these last 25/30 lbs are going to be the death of me. But I’ve come too far to give up now.
Lacey even pointed out that I’m so much happier on mornings where I go to the gym. I just need to try really really hard to pretend like that feeling is SO MUCH BETTER than, ya know, sleeping.
76 Notes/ Hide
- breadandbutternyc likes this
- the-orion likes this
- sloppyfirsts likes this
- vindikateor likes this
- kquizzo17 likes this
- pizzaboozetelly likes this
- herblondness said: You look gorgeous in all but happier now. You inspire me.
- herblondness likes this
- girlslikesandwichestoo said: Um you look great!!! So you know I never use tumblr but I read this and then I was like I miss Kelly, and then I just read old posts for like 40 min and I had so many comments but I just kept reading! Astoria day for real soon, send me your sept availability
- julie-sparkles said: Wow, Kelly! What a change. I know it looks like a “little” progress to you, but it looks fantastic. I’m so proud of you! You are kicking ass. I feel you on the motivation though, it’s hard to love exercise, even if it is good for us.
- julie-sparkles likes this
- sunnycat likes this
- mare-sf likes this
- katic likes this
- coconutheadbetty said: hang in there!! you’ll find that motivation again. put it on the calendar, every calendar. you will feel immensely better afterwards. it’s always easy to not go. and i so look forward to your progress updates on your c25k challenge. and if you really need the…
- coconutheadbetty likes this
- apatosaurus likes this
- brownhoundeyes likes this
- yourscaitlin likes this
- littlemiss-melly likes this
- littlemiss-melly said: you look amazing, kelly!!! keep it up!!!
- michellegajkowski likes this
- nyclust said: omg! isn’t vacation the worst for staying on track? i was so good the first two days and then just stopped entering my food into my app because i knew it would not be pretty. you’ve inspired me to keep at it! thanks kelly!
- nyclust likes this
- despetitesvictoires said: So have you gone to the gym yet today? Is it on the plan? =)
- yellowbearsdontstop likes this
- red-bird-writes likes this
- ourtwolittlemonkeys likes this
- gradmom likes this
- lazymisslaura likes this
- saraplainandtall likes this
- whiskeybentandhellbound likes this
- therewritingprocess likes this
- jelizabethl likes this
- thesweetlife18 likes this
- buildingaladder likes this
- 808enidan said: Keep up the good work - it’s ok to take a while off (I know I didn’t do SHIT this honeymoon…although we did do a 25mi bike ride..my ass still hurts). You’re doing SO great and are an inspiration to many of us!!! xoxox
- 808enidan likes this
- valerina likes this
- ohhelloholly said: go get ‘em, lady!
- random-ramblings likes this
- emilyposts said: you already know this, but you have a good wife! use her as the motivation. you’re doing GREAT.
- asitypethis likes this
- my-little-kumquat likes this
- brklyn likes this
- liebling likes this
- bloggingforwineandcheese likes this
- jelseww likes this
- lacey likes this
- annaverity said: I would not call that “a little” progress. You really look so different. And be proud of yourself! You’re probably fitter and healthier than a lot of people you think of as “in better shape.”